Buying a used bike is an excellent option for motorcycle buyers, looking to cut costs. Used bikes are available at cheaper prices, when compared to their new versions. Here is a simple checklist that you should go through while buying a used motorcycle.
- If you are looking to buy a used, Moto Guzzi California for sale in the UK, inspect the body of the motorcycle first. Inspect the body closely and check for any scratches and dents. Inspect the seats for any tears and missing pieces of foam. The fuel tank should be in good condition. Check the windshield, saddle bags and paint of the motorcycle.
- Once you are satisfied with the look of the Moto Guzzi California for sale in the UK, inspect the engine, transmission and clutch performance. The Oil should be clean and there should not be any oil leakages. Inspect the engine performance, the engine should start quickly even in cold temperatures and should be able to warm quickly. The bike should not emit heavy black or blue smoke and should pick the rpm smoothly.
- Inspect the engine of the Moto Guzzi California for sale in the UK closely for any noise. There should not be any knocks or rumbles from the engine. Pay a close ear to notice any rattling and rumbling sounds, which indicate serious problems.
- Inspect the handle bars, grips and mirrors of the motorbike closely. The handle bars should be straight, grips should be in perfect condition and the mirrors must always be in place. Check the levers of the bike and note for any scratches. The switches of the bike should be in perfect working condition and should not cause any sparks.
- The fuel tank of the motorbike should not be rusted from inside and it should not have any leaks. The fuel hoses should be in perfect condition and properly secured.
- The next step is to inspect the tyres of the Moto Guzzi California for sale in the UK for any signs of wear and tear. The tyres should have optimum tread and the wheels should be in perfect working condition. Check for any wobble when you spin the wheels. All the spokes should be straight and tight. Insist the seller to replace any bent spokes and damaged tyres before buying the motorcycle.
- Ask for the documents of the Moto Guzzi California for sale in the UK and verify them properly. Ask for service records and complete all the paperwork before buying the bike.